“Renee is a very talented artist who actually enjoys keeping our apartment clean and organized! She always becomes my voice of reason and is very compassionate towards her family, friends and anyone she meets. She is a wonderful life partner.” —Matt
Let me tell you a little about myself…
I have always loved theatre and the arts. After studying Theatrical Scenic Design in my home state of Kentucky (in the suburbs of Cincinnati, Ohio), I knew I was destined to be in New York City. Moving on my own to the greatest city in the world took bravery, strength and commitment and this is a perfect example of “me”. Once I set my mind to something, I will not give up no matter how difficult the road becomes. I have now lived in New York City for over 15 years and I still love it every day.
I still appreciate theatre and I am lucky enough to work on amazing projects and productions in my career. The shop I work at makes gorgeous theatrical draperies for all kinds of clients, from Broadway shows to elementary school dance recitals. The work is always exciting and being able to help a client make their design vision a reality is very fulfilling.
A few things about me…
- Favorite food: Cupcake with ice cream
- Go-to vacation spot: Any new place!
- Hobbies: Baking, drawing, reading
- Describe yourself in one word: Creative
- Hidden talent: Remembering song lyrics
- Favorite entertainment (show/movie): House of Cards/Legally Blonde
- Music/singer: Pop/Katy Perry
- Kids’ movie: The Goonies
- Kids’ game: Hide-and-seek
- Favorite holiday: Christmas
- Christmas special: How The Grinch Stole Christmas
- Favorite childhood memory: Attending sleep-away camp every summer. I loved it so much later I became a counselor to the youngest girls at the same camp!
Click or tap on any photo in order to enlarge, navigate and read photo captions. Press “Esc” key or tap on “X” to exit the slideshow.
Matt & Renee’s Adoption Profile | 1-800-982-3678 | Friends in Adoption | www.friendsinadoption.org